Friday, March 14, 2014

Ocean Sediments---Looking for a Job!

Ocean sediments looking for a job! Help-out the poor ocean sediments and create a Linkedin profile for them. You can do that directly in Linkedin and post the link on your blog or create a blog post with what you would post on Linkedin.


  • Why are you special?
I am special because I am found within the ocean, which is a large portion of the Earth. This means that there is a lot of information that I can share. I can be found in the shells of tiny animals and plants that had a calcium carbonate shell.
  • What skills, expertise, and characteristics do you have?
I can tell a lot about the chemistry as well as the temperature of the ocean. I also have the ability to tell you a lot about wind and water currents.
  • What sets you apart from other job candidates (aka proxies)?
I can tell a lot of different things that other proxies cannot, mostly about the ocean. This means I can show when the ocean was cold and when it was warmer. I can also tell the chemistry of the water at certain periods in time.

  • What are your ideal challenges where you can really excel?
I would like to be able to characterize the oxygen levels in my sediments. Oxygen can either be heavy or light and I would like to sort it in to categories, which I am very good at. I would also excel at dating these oxygen samples.

  • Where would you like to work?
My ideal place to work would be on the ocean floors, I feel like I would be able be most beneficial if stationed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment